Saltimboca is a style of meal that literally "jumps off the plate". This salty, lemony dish is a great end-of-summer meal, still light and easy to make, but full of big flavour. With Harvest season is full swing, this is one of the best times of year to use fresh seasonal vegetables with minimal interference and simple cooking techniques.
This week's meal is paired with the Lawnmower Blonde Ale form Big Tide Brewing in Saint John.
All our ingredients are sourced from the City Market. Depending on the day, you have access to produce, meat, seafood, fresh baked goods, and lots of condiments and accompaniments to your dishes. When you pick up your groceries, remember to stop in to Uncorked for a wine or beer recommendation. You can buy bottles of NB wine and Market Howlers of NB craft beer to-go!
Directions : Pear Custard Pie
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your baking dish.
1. Thinly slice 4-5 firm pears.
2. Mix the rest of your ingredients together either with a whisk or in a blender.
3. Pour custard mix over pear slices.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until centre of pie is set and firm to the touch.
5. Allow to cool slightly and sprinkle with icing sugar before serving. We added a scoop of ice cream :)
At Uncorked Tours we're all about sharing the fabulous food, wine, beer & spirits being produced in the Province of New Brunswick.
It is our pleasure to share some of the awesome experiences you can have while living or visiting the province.